måndag 24 augusti 2020

The story of my life

There is this story of my life
I´m not sure what part I´m playing in it,
but I know it´s registered on me,

like the salaries, the bills, the taxes,
the passport, the ID-card, and
all of those banalities with money.

There is this story of my life,
cinematic, coloristic, dreary,
badly written dialogues.
As if real life means
badly written dialogues
and nothing fancy.

Then of course there is poetry,
and the dramas, the conflicts.
I assure myself time and again
they don´t mean that much,
they´re just part of the odd
broidery.

Then there is brooding,
and anxiety, of which I do not
fame myself, but poets do.
The Inger Christensen anxiety
is beautiful and scary.
I go there when I need to see
what I have too little of,
and of what I have a lot.

There is this dream of ones life.
In solid things to do, they suddenly
become lit up, the vase in the window,
the plate with aubergine and cheese,
the chestnut tree, the dance,
in constant windflow with
the others, the many, the few,
the one and only.

The dream.
If the one and only really existed:
That would be you.
Your life. The garden.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar